The Congregational Care Committee encompasses several types of ministry, with the purpose of truly caring for and sharing God's love with our DCPC family, especially during the more delicate times of life. Those needing the service of this ministry, or with interest in serving in a care group can call the church office for further contact information. The Care Groups include:
- Meal Support Care - Provides meals in times illness, recovery, and need for extra care.
- Transportation - For DCPC members needing help with medical appointment transportation.
- New Baby - Basic support, guidance when requested, and a meal for each new birth and adoption. Click here to view our New Baby Team brochure.
- Health/Wellness Education - Explores ways to support the spiritual, physical and emotional health of the congregation. Examples include Involvement with "Be the Match Bone Marrow Registry" and "Project Life".
- Women's Health Support - Meets approximately four times per year for lunch and fellowship, and is primarily for those battling and/or surviving cancer.
- Intercessory Prayer - Each Wednesday at 11:30AM, people gather for a time of silent intercessory prayer, based upon a specific list of concerns of the congregation. All are invited.
- Stephen Ministers
- Prayer Shawl Group - Knits or crochet's prayer shawls for those facing challenging times among DCPC members, friends, hospice, rehabilitation centers and more. Shawl creators also pray for it's recipient.
- Home Visitation Care Group
- Bereavement Support
- Funeral and Memorial Service Care Teams
- Parkinson's Support Group - Meets the last Tuesday of each month in the parlor.
For questions, assistance, or more information, please contact the church office at 704.892.5641.